• You MUST be current on your scheduled car payments
• You MUST have a valid Texas driver's license
• You MUST have FULL COVERAGE insurance that is transferable to loan/rental vehicle and that can be verified
RESTRICTIONS FOR USE
Violating any of these restrictions will disqualify you from obtaining future loan cars :
• You MUST NOT let any other person drive our loan car
• You MUST return our loan car with the same amount of gas
• You MUST return our loan car clean and without damages
• You MUST NOT smoke in our loan car
• You MUST not drive our loan car more than 100 miles per day
• You MUST return loan car within 24 hours of your car being repaired
If any damages do occur to the vehicle while in your possession, we will file a claim against your insurance.
NO DRIVER'S LICENSE/INSURANCE?
Customers who qualify for a loaner vehicle, but who do not have either a valid Texas Driver’s license or the correct insurance, may request to be reimbursed the cost of renting a vehicle from an outside car rental agency as follows:
• This reimbursement can not exceed $35 per day for no more than 5 days, unless otherwise approved in advance by the service department.
• The reimbursement will be in the form of an account credit only
• A valid receipt is required
• If the lack of insurance is preventing you from being able to get a loan car from us, but you have a valid driver's license, most car rental agencies can provide supplimental insurance for a small fee. The cost of that supplimental insurance is the responsibility of the customer. Auto City will not reimburse you the cost of insurance.
• Auto City has negotiated a reduced rate with specific car rental agencies. CLICK HERE for more information.
GETTING A LOANER
The service department must request the loan car for you. They will need a copy of your driver's license and insurance. They will submit it to our loan car department for approval
The loan car department will call or text you to confirm receipt. They will then call your insurance company to verify coverage. Then they will call or text letting you know if you've been approved or denied for a rental. This process can take between 10 to 30 minutes to complete depending on how busy we are and how long it takes to verify the insurance. Your patience is much appreciated. There are a limited number of loan cars available.
If you are already at the service department waiting, a service porter will bring you to the dealership located at 120 S. Buckner Blvd, Dallas, TX 75217, this is where the loan cars are kept.
If you are not at service and still driving your own vehicle, go to the service center first to drop off your vehicle, and the service porter will bring you to the dealership location above.
If you are not at service, but your vehicle is already there or is being towed there, then proceed directly to the dealership location above to pick up the loan car..
Upon arrival to the dealership, a loan car representative will review all documentation with you, along with the restrictions and condition of the vehicle. Be sure to note any damage to the vehicle already present at the time of pick up.
RETURNING A LOAN CAR
Once you receive notification from the service department that your vehicle is ready for pickup, you have 24 hours to return our loan car.
Loan cars should be returned directly to the dealership located at 120 S. Buckner Blvd, Dallas, TX 75217.
Return the vehicle with the same amount of gas as was in it at pickup.
The loan car representative will inspect the vehicle for any new damage. You are responsible for any damages not present when you picked up. If need be, a claim will be filed with your insurance company.
Once the inspection is complete, a porter will drive you to the service center to pick up your vehicle.